- GaN epitaxy
- Silicon Carbide (SiC) epitaxy
- III/V and II/VI MOCVD
- Polysilicon production
- Fiber optic processes
- Fuel cells
SAES Pure Gas MegaTorr palladium purifiers produce the purest hydrogen on the planet. The patented Micro-Channel Palladium Membrane Gas Purifiers offer the most significant innovation in hydrogen gas purification in over 20 years. The advanced Hydrogen purifier offers 3 times higher flow capacity with lower cost and improved durability for high-volume manufacturing processes. SAES Pure Gas Hydrogen purifiers deliver 9N's (99.9999999%) purity with typical levels.
The PS7-PD2 full size enclosure includes two Palladium cells in parallel flow for higher flow rates. Either Pd cell can be removed for maintenance as required, and the remaining Pd cell can continue to provide 50% of rated flow.
Palladium Membrane Diffusion - How it Works
Purification of hydrogen by palladium (Pd) membrane diffusion is the accepted technology for applications requiring part-per-billion gas purity. Palladium acts as a catalyst, causing hydrogen gas molecules to dissociate into atoms upon contacting the membrane surface. The atoms are small enough to diffuse through the palladium membrane, driven by differential hydrogen pressure across the membrane. The hydrogen atoms recombine into molecules after passing through the membrane. Hydrogen purifiers operate at approximately 400°C. At this temperature, only hydrogen atoms readily diffuse through the membranes. No other impurities can diffuse through the palladium membrane.
Impurities including H2O, O2, CO, CO2, N2, He, Ar, and THC (Total Hydrocarbons including CH4) impurities remain on the inlet side of the membrane and are continuously purged through a bleed connection. The unique properties of palladium provide a solid barrier with no breakthrough as compared to catalysts and getters that rely on chemical reactions on reactive surface areas. A nitrogen purge system is included to purge the purifier at startup and during any shutdown.
- Only Hydrogen passes through to the pure side - the purest gas
- Every impurity is removed - no exceptions
- Unlimited lifetime - non-consumable technology
- Separates pure H2 from source gas with ppm or % level impurities
- Easy to verify performance with in-situ helium leak test
- Ultra-pure hydrogen from any source
- < 99.9999999% purity; < 1 ppb total impurities
- Patented palladium micro-channel technology
- High flow capacity up to 2170 slpm (140 Nm3/hr)
- Lowest power consumption
- Smallest footprint
- Nitrogen purge system
- 5.0" Color touchscreen HMI with PLC